Saturday, March 31, 2012

Girl Scouting build girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. 
We chose to take the girls through an animals journey this year called "3 Cheers For Animals - It's Your Story - Tell It."  The journeys teach the girls to discover themselves and their values, connect with others and take action to improve their communities and the world.   

At our first meeting we created a birdbath out of paper mache.  We talked about how we can care for birds and how birds care for themselves.  We then painted the birdbath and colored in birds for the bath.  It was a little messy and a lot of fun.













2 comments:

  1. My troop is starting 3 Cheers For Animals in January. Do you have any tips for the paper mache birdbath? Or pictures of the finished birdbath?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I know you did this a while ago..but my troop is starting 3 cheers for animals in jan. I read the leaders guide and my daughter and I tested out the paper mache birdbath. We made the paste...and dipped the papers and put them on one of our bowls!

    I've never done paper mache before but...I thought in the morning we could have seperated the paper bowl from our bowl...but that is not what happened..lol.

    I'm not sure if you are still responding to this blog b/c I see someone else posted a comment a few weeks ago. But if you do see this...any help would be appreciated!!

    LaShawna from Virgina!!

    ReplyDelete