Saturday, March 31, 2012

While learning about animals the Daisy troop also spent part of each meeting learning about the Daisy petals.  Each petal represents part of the Girl Scout Law which is:

I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong
and responsible for 
what I say and do, 
and to 
respect myself and others, 
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, 
and be a sister to every Girl Scout. 

We talked with the girls about the meanings of the petals and tried to incorporate a number of fun projects to help them learn.  

At this meeting we broke into groups and started a number of fun projects.  We drew self portraits and wrote about what we do on a daily basis to take care of ourselves.  Some of the captions said "I see clean teeth" and "I see brushed hair."  The next table decorated thank you notes for the police officers and firemen in our town and the last table started in on our first animals mural - birds. 




No comments:

Post a Comment